Thursday, March 8, 2018

Ribbon Rings in Make Modern Issue 21

I am so very excited to announce that I am a published designer in Make Modern magazine Issue 21!!! I had so much fun designing and making these quilts. They are 2 1/2" strip friendly and go together much easier than they look. Here's the glamour shot as it appears in the magazine.....


I tell ya it takes longer than you would think to get a photo just right. The weather here this winter has been great, but sunny & non windy days are far and few between. Here are a few shots less than perfect....

I took some photos that I thought were great until I got inside and realized my mitten was in the upper left corner of every single one!! LOL. Ah winter in Canada so much fun!!



Oops lost the light in this one....


It may have taken lots of practice but I think I got a great shot in the end.

My Mum made a larger version of the "Ribbon Rings" quilt, using prints instead of solids and I think it looks pretty awesome too.



If you would like to purchase Issue 21 of Make Modern you can find it here


Want to order another Issue or get a subscription? Use the link here

I'd love to hear your thoughts on "Ribbon Rings"so please leave a comment below. If you decide to make a "Ribbon Rings" quilt, I'd love to see it too. You can send me your photos on instagram @catequilter.


1 comment: